Chemitab may share personal information with
other group companies to make it easier for customers to apply for
accounts or services from these companies.
Chemitab is subject to the National Privacy
Principles under the Privacy Act, and this document outlines how we
intend to deliver all the rights and protections our customers are
Categories Of Personal
The nature of the personal information we
collect, and where it comes from, will vary but may include:
- Information we collect from you on applications for credit or
other forms such as name, address, telephone numbers (business and
private), drivers licence number.
- Information about your transactions with us, or our affiliates,
such as account balances, payment history and account
- Information we receive from credit bureau reports.
- Information we collect from providing our services to you.
Purpose Of Collecting Your Information
We will only collect personal information for
reasonable business purposes. These purposes may include:
- Processing an Application for Credit.
- Evaluating and monitoring credit worthiness.
- Processing receipts and payments, and servicing customer's
- Responding to customers' inquiries about applications, accounts
- Meeting legal and regulatory requirements.
- To provide the service/product you have requested.
- Billing purposes.
- Trade promotion purposes.
- Purposes relation to promotion, marketing and operations.
- Employment purposes.
For any of the above purposes we may contact
you by electronic or other means. We will not disclose any of the
above information to affiliate companies or third parties without
your consent save for other Group companies.
Disclosures Of Your Information
In common with many organisations, we keep
our costs down by obtaining some routine services from external
service providers, and your information may be provided to them on
a confidential basis. These disclosures and others to third parties
may be for:
- Regulatory and compliance purposes.
- Financial and professional advisory services.
- Updating of credit information to credit bureaus.
- To provide the service you have requested or to meet the
purpose for which it was submitted.
- If we are required or authorized by law to disclose the
Please advise us of any restrictions you wish
to place on how your information is used and disclosed.
We will not collect, use or disclose
sensitive information, except with your specific consent or in the
circumstances permitted in the Australian Privacy legislation.
Privacy And Our Website
Each time you visit, we may collect
information for statistical purposes to find out how the site is
used and navigated, including the number of hits, the frequency and
duration of visits, most popular session times. We may use this
information to evaluate and improve our web site
Complaints And Disputes
We will investigate all complaints and
respond to you within 14 days. If we find a complaint justified, we
will promptly resolve it. This is your right under the Privacy
You are entitled under the Privacy Act to
access the information an organisation holds about you. We want to
make this as simple as possible for you.We will need to validate
the identity of anyone making an access request, to ensure that we
do not provide your information to anyone who does not have the
right to that information.
Where a customer establishes that the
personal information we hold on them is not accurate, complete, or
up to date we will correct our records as necessary.